Start to run
You want to start running or you have just started. It is important to properly build up your running, but what should you actually pay attention to? You can read that in this article.
Why is it important to build up well?
Your body needs to get used to the effort off running. Maybe for your idea you can keep running for while, but your muscles and tendons have to get used the the impact. A good build-up reduces the chance of injuries. This also increases the chance that you will continue to keep running and enjoy it more!
- Leave those ten-year-old running shoes in the closet. Make sure you have a good pair of running shoes. At a specialized store such as Run2day they will help you choose a good pair of shoes. Don’t pay too much attention to the colors and fashion, but let the store advice you. Your shoes are the basis and can also influence your running pattern.
- Plan your training sessions. Consistent training is very important. Preferably train three times a week with at least one day of rest in between. In addition, it is also easier to maintain if you have already planned your training. Possibly even prepare your running outfit. No excuses!
- Wissel wandelen en hardlopen af. Wandelen zorgt ervoor dat je hartslag weer wat omlaag gaat. Hierdoor kan je de training langer volhouden. Bij Running Solutions hebben we een Buildup program ready for you. Here you can see what a good structure looks like. This structure is written in such a way that it takes 12 weeks for you to run for 30 minutes. For some runners this structure is very slow, for others it will fit perfectly. Try to see for yourself what works for you.
- Invest in good running apparel. Good running apparel breathes well. Prefer not to choose cotton, this absorbs sweat. Eventually you be running with heavy wet clothing. In addition, it is also important that you purchase running clothing that fits well. This is to prevent scratching marks.
- For the women: purchase a good sports bra. This prevents a lot of discomfort and pain. A specialized running store can also help you with this.
- Be patient and don’t be guided by your endurance. As mentioned in the beginning of the article, it is important that the muscles, tendons and attachments also get used to the load. This is often forgotten and can cause nasty injuries. So do not run too fast, but build up slowly.
- Do a warm-up and cool-down. Start walking and do some Dynamic stretching. Sluit de training af door weer te wandelen en doe eventueel wat statische rekoefeningen. De statische rekoefeningen zijn niet noodzakelijk, maar kan je wel als fijn ervaren.
- Try to distribute your energy during training. Don’t start too fast, but try to run at a comfortable and even pace.
- Last but not least, luister naar je lichaam! Blessures voorkomen is belangrijker dan een schema volgen. Schema’s zijn een goede leidraad, maar houden geen rekening met hoe jouw lichaam op dat moment voelt.
Kies je er toch liever voor om een persoonlijk schema te laten maken?
At Running Solutions we make personal training plans. This program is based on your current running level, possible times of competitions, injury history and on your time schedule.
Bij vragen neem gerust op met een van onze specialisten.